FROM CHILL TO
WASH THE GRILL GRATE THEN
SET UP OUTDOORS
Only grill in a well-ventilated area and never grill indoors. Use a silicone trivet or other heat-resistant foundation such as cork or a wooden cutting board. Never place your YAK Grill on a plastic or resin tabletop.
FIRE UP THE CHARCOAL WITH A
Load the chimney with charcoal on your YAK grill or another fire-safe area, away from your table setting. Use a natural fire starter or tightly waded newspaper and ignite underneath the coals. Never use lighter fluid!
FILL THE GRILL, GATHER THE
GROUP & GET GRILLING!
Once the coals are mostly ashy (usually 20 mins), it’s time to load them into the grill. Remove the grate and pour the coals inside. Be careful; ash and small embers might spill. Once the grill is loaded, place it on the table and enjoy!
Each piece of the grill is made of sturdy stainless steel and is designed to slot together with minimal effort. The charcoal grid (A) with folded edges facing down, goes into the burn box (B). Then, the burn box (B) fits in the grill housing (C) and everything gets topped off with the grill grate (D).
1. Once you’re done grilling, you can either let the grill & remaining charcoal cool down naturally, or transfer the hot coals into a charcoal bucket to cool things off fast. Never pour water on hot coals inside your YAK grill.
2. Safely dispose of the cold ash or use as fertilizer in your garden.
3. Clean the grill grates with a nylon or wire brush, or using a sponge and/or steel wool in the kitchen sink with hot soapy water.
4. Wipe the outside of the grill with a damp rag, or clean it in the sink with hot soapy water. Non-toxic grill cleaners work well too.
5. Clean the charcoal grid and burn box with hot soapy water and steel wool or a brush a few times a year.
6. Store your grill in a dry place when not in use.