Seared Steak with Chimichurri Sauce
It should come as no surprise that you can grill up a delicious strip loin steak on your charcoal Yak Grill, but why not elevate it with a fresh new twist on a true classic? Chimichurri sauce combines beautifully with the seared-in smoky flavor.
1 bunch of Parsley
1 bunch of Cliantro
1 bunch of Green Onions
2 cloves of garlic
2 Tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
1/2 Cup Olive Oil
Salt to taste
Steak (strip loin or ribeye)
1. Before you grill the steak, prepare the chimichurri sauce. Place all the ingredients in a blender and combine on high, seasoning to taste. The sauce will keep for up to three days.
2. Season your steak with salt before putting it on the grill.
3. Use the Flat Grill Grate on the YAK and make sure the grate gets very hot.
That heat provides just the right texture for the outside of the steak.
4. Place steak on the grill and turn it every 45 seconds, cooking to your desired temperature.
5. Rest the steak for the same amount of time that you cooked it.
6. Slice into ½ inch strips and garnish with the Chimichurri sauce on top.