Try this incredibly flavorful and easy recipe on your next taco night or grill-together.
2 x 200g (7 oz) rib eye steaks
12 flour tortillas
Spring onions, finely chopped
¼ cup light (regular) soy sauce
1 tbsp mirin
1 tbsp sugar
1 tsp sesame oil
2 garlic cloves, finely grated
1 tbsp finely grated ginger
2/3 cup mayonnaise
1 tbsp gochujang paste*
2 tsp mirin
½ tsp sesame oil
1. Combine the marinade ingredients in a large bowl or plastic bag, addthe steaks and marinate for 15 minutes up to 2 hours.
2. Prepare the Gochujang* mayo and set aside.
3. Light your charcoal and spread an even layer in your YAK grill. Use the grill grate of choice.
4. Remove the steaks from the marinade, pat dry with paper towel and grill for about 1 minute per side to deliver a light char. Continue turning often until the steaks are cooked to your liking.
5. Remove and allow to rest for 5 minutes, then slice the steaks against the grain.
6. Warm up the tortillas on a pan or on the grill for 30-60 seconds per side until softened. Stack and keep your tortillas warm/covered.
7. Assemble by spreading Gochujang mayo on each tortilla followed by the shredded cabbage, kimchi, and sliced steak.
8. Top with spring onions, sesame seeds and enjoy with a cold beer.
* Gochujang is a fermented Korean chili paste. In a pinch you can use sriracha but it won't be quite the same.